I got a handy dandy recipe book with my 30-day T25 Beach Body challenge and have sampled a few of the recipes. So far, this recipe is my favorite! It was listed in the lunch section, but John and I made it for dinner with a salad and loved it. We even had leftovers I’ve taken to work.
Note: I changed the original recipe since it was a single serving.
Dijon Chicken Pockets
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 Tbsp. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. chopped raw pecans or walnuts
- whole wheat pitas, cut in half to make pockets
** you can add veggies like lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and sprouts.
1. Preheat your oven to 375° F and pat dry each chicken breast with a paper towel.
2. Place the chicken breast in an oven-proof baking dish.
3. Drizzle with about a teaspoon of olive oil per breast. You can also squeeze a lemon or lime over the meat to give the meat a little extra moisture as it cooks.
4. Put the baking dish in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven
6. Remove the chicken from the baking dish and let it rest on a cutting board.
7. Cut into small pieces
8. Combine cooked chicken breast, yogurt, mustard, and nuts in a small bowl; mix well
9. Fill pita halves evenly with chicken mixture.
Nutritional Facts for 1 serving(2 pita halves): 308 calories; Fat 6g; Cholesterol 56mg; sodium 621; Carbs 38g; fiber 5g; sugar 2g; protein 27g