Pizza is a staple in our house, so when we went keto it was a non-negotiable that we would still eat it. It was just going to have to be my splurge item. BUT with this recipe it doesn’t have to be…BEST NEWS EVER! We have tried the cauliflower crusts and really enjoyed them and this one is just as tasty. The crust is made with almond flour, egg, cheese, and ZUCCHINI so you don’t have to worry about all those carbs that come from a traditional pizza crust.
John and I both really liked this recipe, it was so satisfying! I am excited to try it with other toppings too (hello buffalo chicken zucchini pizza!!).
Zucchini Crusted Pizza
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 1-1/2 medium), squeezed dry (I used frozen shredded zucchini)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used almond)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, julienned
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Mix first eight ingredients
- Transfer to a 12-in. pizza pan coated generously with cooking spray.
- Spread mixture to an 11-in. circle.
- Bake until light golden brown, 13-16 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 400°.
- Add toppings (cheese, turkey pepperoni, and peppers).
- Bake until cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes longer.