I always try to see the bright side during hard times. Frankly, it is what calms my anxiety because being a negative Nancy isn’t something I think I could survive mentally.
We are slap dab in the middle of hard times, every single one of us. Whether it is the new reality of having to home school when you are a working parent or you are dealing with the scary reality of COVID-19 affecting someone you care about, this is impacting us all in some way.
I am hoping during this time of uncertainty I can find some time to continue writing (aside from at work), because it brings me peace plus I get to share some positive things me and my family are doing during the quarantine of 2020.
Like….AIR FRYER DONUTS! Who doesn’t like donuts? I threw these together from an idea I had to help brighthen my boys morning. When it is a special occasion, we always stop and get donuts on our way to school. Since that is not an option, we whipped these up on our Saturday at home. So easy and extremly deliciou (warning….could be addicting too).
AIR FRYER DONUTS
Chocolate Glazed with Sprinkles
1 tube of Pillsbury Grand Biscuits (8 count)
1-1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Open the biscuits and lay on a baking sheet
- Use the lid of a bottle to create the donut holes (we used a Gatorade lid). Note: we kept our holes and John decided to “real” fry them in an old fryer we discovered we had in the cabinet.
- Place donuts in air fryer at 350 degrees for 4 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes.
4. While they are cooking, make your glaze by mixing the powder sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla in a medium size bowl. Stir until you have a thick, shiny glaze.
5. When the biscuits are done frying, take them out of the air fryer and return them to the baking sheet. Dip each one in your glaze (either the whole thing or just the top). Place on a cooling rack and have your kiddos (or spouse) add the sprinkles.
6. Now the best part…EAT!
VERDICT – These went over super well with both my boys and they were begging for seconds. I don’t eat many donuts, but goodness I loved these! We kept the extra glaze to dip our donut holes in and fruit into (blueberries, bananas, etc.) because it was DELICIOUS! Can’t wait to try other glazes, and next up…Cinnamon and Sugar!